Z96 and Pepsi are hooking you up with everything you need for the biggest Big Game Party EVER! We’ve got a sweet 65-inch Phillips HDTV from Aaron’s, plenty of Pepsi, and a big spread from Jet’s Pizza – and we’re giving it away at Hurricane Lanes in Destin on Saturday, February 1st. Listen for the Big Game Bowling sounder and get in to win. All qualifiers get a FREE 1-topping pizza from Jet’s and will join us for the Big-Screen Bowl-Off.
WZNS/Z96’s “BIG GAME BOWLING” Contest
A complete copy of these rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WZNS (“Station”), owned and operated by Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, or one of its subsidiary companies, 225 NW Hollywood Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, during normal business hours Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct the WZNS/Z96’s “BIG GAME BOWLING” Contest (the “Contest”) substantially as described in these rules, and by participating, each participant agrees as follows:
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chance of winning. Void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local regulations apply.
Eligibility. This Contest is open only to legal U.S. residents age sixteen (16) years or older* at the time of entry with a valid Social Security number and who reside in the Station’s Designated Market Area (“DMA”) as defined by Nielsen who have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 6 months and whose immediate family members or household members have not won a prize from the Station valued at $500 or more in the last 6 months. Void where prohibited by law. *Anyone under 18 will need to be accompanied by an adult for the competition with parent or guardian signing a release of liability on behalf of the participating minor. Failure to have a parent or guardian present to sign the release will disqualify the entrant. Employees of Cumulus Media, its parent company, affiliates, related entities and subsidiaries, promotional sponsors, prize providers, advertising agencies, other radio stations serving the Station’s DMA, and the immediate family members and household members of all such employees are not eligible to participate. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and stepchildren. The term “household members” refers to people who share the same residence at least three (3) months out of the year. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Station’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Only one (1) Qualifier per immediate family member and/or household.
- Contest Period. The Contest will begin at 9:00 a.m. CT on Monday, January 6, 2020, and will run through 1:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, February 1, 2020 (the “Contest Period”). The Station’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter. To Enter:
On-Air: Listen to the Station weekdays from 9:00 a.m. through 5:59 p.m. CT during the Contest Period (excluding the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday of January 20, 2020). When the Station plays the “cue-to-call” sounder, listeners should call the Station at 850-664-0965. Caller number nine (#9) to the Station, as determined by the Station in its sole discretion, will be entered to win, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Contest Rules. Time Delay Between Over-the-Air Analog Signal and Internet Broadcast: Due to the time delay that exists between the Station’s analog over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast, listeners who listen to the Station online may hear the cue to call later than listeners listening to the Station’s analog over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online listener entering this Contest on-air may be diminished. A total of up to four (4) individuals will be qualified each day for a total of seventy-six (76).
(ii) On-Site: Attend the Station’s “Big Screen Bowling” event at Hurricane Lanes in Destin, FL between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT on Saturday, February 1, 2020, and complete an entry form for last chance qualification. Limit one (1) entry per person. All entries must be received by the deadline stated and six (6) entries will be selected at random at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT to join those qualifiers already checked in for the competition. A total of six (6) individuals will be qualified on-site.
(iii) Online: Visit the Station’s website www.Z96.com during the Contest Period and click on the “Contest” link, (ii) click on the “Big Screen Bowling” Contest link, and (iii) complete an entry form. All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. CT on Wednesday, January 29, 2020, to become a qualifier and eligible to win the grand prize. Limit one (1) entry per person per email address. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to submit more than one (1) entry per day by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entry and the participant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Station is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, inappropriate or misdirected registrations, all of which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned the telephone number by the wireless carrier or an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder. All entries become the sole and exclusive property of Station and will not be returned. Station reserves the right to contact entrants and all other individuals whose email address is submitted as part of this promotion. No mail-in entries will be accepted. A total of fourteen (14) individuals will be qualified via on-line registration.
A TOTAL OF NINETY-SIX (96) QUALIFIERS/COMPETITORS WILL BE DETERMINED BY ALL MEANS ABOVE. AN INDIVIDUAL MAY ONLY QUALIFY ONE TIME.
- Winner Selection. All Qualifying winners will be contacted by 5:00pm on Friday, January 31, 2020, and provided with instructions for participating in “Big Screen Bowling.” Qualifiers must be present at the event to be eligible to win. Prize Winner will be selected via The “Big Screen Bowling” event on Saturday, February 1, 2020, at 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT at Hurricane Lanes in Destin, FL. All Qualifying winners must be present with a current, valid government issued photo ID and check-in with Station representative between 11:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT on Saturday, February 1, 2020. Anyone not present, who does not have a current, valid government issued photo ID and/or checked in by 12:00 p.m. (noon) CT is automatically disqualified. NO PROXIES WILL BE ALLOWED FOR ANY REASON,
Should any qualifier be unable to bowl due to injury or physical disability, he or she can notify Station Representative at check-in and still participate in Round 1 by selecting any number between 0 and 300 to use as his/her “score.”* Round 1: Starting at approximately 12:10 p.m. CT, all qualifiers present and checked-in will be lined up on various bowling lanes as directed by Station. Each contestant will bowl one full game to be scored as in regular bowling competition.
Round 2: Station will draw numbers from a lot between 0 and 300 until number drawn matches a score bowled by a contestant. If the contestant is the only one to have bowled a score that matches the number, he/she automatically wins the grand prize. If two or more bowler’s scores match the number drawn, they will move on to round 3.
Round 3: Each remaining contestant will roll 3 complete frames with scores to be totaled by actual pin count for those pins knocked down. Total possible score is 30. The contestant with the highest score will win the grand prize. If there is a tie in round 3, those contestants will move on to Round 4. (Example: if 2 contestants roll 30, they both move on to round 4; if 3 contestants roll 30, all 3 move on to round 4.) Exception: if one of the scores* belongs to a qualifier who has an injury or is physically unable to bowl, a random drawing will take place among all those who “tied” in Round 2. The person selected via the random drawing will be considered the Grand Prize winner, and the competition is considered over and there will be no Round 4, as detailed below.
Round 4: Remaining contestants will roll additional frames as necessary until one contestant exceeds the pin count of all other contestants on a particular frame. That contestant will be declared the Grand Prize winner.
- Verification of Potential Winner. THE ELIGIBILITY OF ALL POTENTIAL CONTEST WINNERS IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY STATION WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. The potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential winner may be notified by email and/or telephone call after the date of random drawing and/or winner determination. The potential winner will be required to sign and return to Station, within three (3) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, if applicable. A winner who returns the affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release will be deemed to have accepted the contest prize and thereafter will not be permitted to rescind their acceptance of the prize and/or return the prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and/or the liability/publicity release within the required time period (if applicable), or if the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that the potential winner of a prize is disqualified for any reason, Station may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
- Qualifier Prizes and Grand Prize. Each Qualifier that checks into the “Big Game Bowling” event will receive a certificate redeemable for a one (1) topping pizza from Jet’s Pizza in Destin, FL, redeemable through March 31, 2020. ARV is approximately fifteen dollars ($15). The Station will award one (1) Grand Prize Package in this Contest. The Grand Prize Package is a new sixty-five (65)-Inch Phillips TV provided by Aarons located at 796 Beal Parkway NW, Suite 4, Fort Walton Beach, FL ARV is eight-hundred dollars ($800), a gift certificate from Jet’s Pizza in Destin, FL ARV is ninety-six dollars ($96), and six (6) cases of Pepsi products ARV is forty-two dollars ($42). The total grand prize package ARV is nine-hundred thirty-eight dollars ($938). Winner is responsible for all taxes associated with prize receipt and/or use. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason.
Odds of winning the Prize depend on a number of factors including the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period and listeners participating at any given time. Station reserves the right to substitute any listed prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason. All expenses and fees associated with any of the prizes awarded not expressly included in the prize description are the sole responsibility of the winner. There is no substitution, transfer, or cash equivalent for prizes, except that the Station may, at its sole discretion and to the extent permitted by law, substitute prizes of comparable value or cash. The prizes are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Any tickets and/or gift certificates/cards awarded as part of a prize will be subject to the terms and conditions set forth by the issuer and are valid only on the date(s) printed on the tickets or gift certificates/cards. Other restrictions may apply.
- Entry Conditions and Release. By entering, each participant agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless Station, Cumulus Broadcasting LLC, and its subsidiaries, related and affiliated companies, participating sponsors, the prize suppliers and any other organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Contest, and each of their respective past and present officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant’s entry, creation of an entry or submission of an entry, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize (including any travel or activity related thereto) and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to an entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, non-use or misuse of the prize.
- Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to use by the Station and its agent of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or biographical information (including hometown and state) for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless otherwise prohibited by law.
- All State, Local, Federal and/or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more in any given year will be issued an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
- General Conditions. Station reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Station’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Station in its sole discretion. Station reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Station reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Station’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability. The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Station, entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use, non-use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that a production, technical, programming or other error causes more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be claimed, Station reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
- Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved exclusively by the United States District Court or the appropriate state court located in the Station’s listening area; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and Station in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state in which the Station is located, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state in which the Station is located or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state in which the Station is located.
- Contest Results. A winners list may be obtained within thirty (30) days after the Contest Period expires by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station identified below.
PRIZE SPONSOR: Aarons, 796 Beal Parkway NW Suite 4, Fort Walton Beach FL 32547; Jet’s Pizza, 4418 Commons Drive East, Destin, FL 32541; Buffalo Rock Pepsi, 8801 Grow Drive, Pensacola, FL 32514
CONTEST SPONSOR: Cumulus Broadcasting, LLC, WZNS, 225 NW Hollywood Boulevard, Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548